The 50+ free courses in various technologies mean that Pluralsight is incredibly worth it for those looking to develop their tech skills. With 2500 courses available for just $29 a month, the standard tier is also worth the cost.
Pluralsight is an online learning platform that offers a wide range of courses for people looking to improve their skills in various fields. Whether you’re a beginner looking to learn a new skill or an experienced professional looking to advance your career, Pluralsight has something for everyone.
It follows the Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) model and offers a wide range of courses covering a breadth of subjects. Unlike other platforms like Udemy or Udacity, there are a lot of courses being offered for free on Pluralsight which means it’s a bargain.
Is Pluralsight Worth It?
At less than $30 a month for the paid tier, Pluralsight is more than worth it. The 50+ free courses also mean it’s open to everyone who wants to learn some new tech skills and advance their career.
One of the best things about Pluralsight is its extensive library of courses. The platform offers over 7,000 courses on a wide range of topics, including technology, creative arts, and business. These courses are taught by industry experts who have a wealth of experience in their respective fields. This means that you can trust that the information you’re learning is accurate and up-to-date.
The full range of courses isn’t available unless you purchase the monthly premium tier but it’s still a fantastic option. If you can get your employer to cover the cost, it’s even better!
The flexible options offered by Pluralsight also make it appealing for those trying to learn in their own time but who can’t stick to a strict schedule. The platform offers both self-paced and instructor-led courses, so you can choose the learning style that works best for you. You can also complete the courses on any device, so you can learn on your own time and at your own pace.
It is important to remember that Pluralsight has a range of payment tiers for those on various budgets. It has a variety of subscription options, so you can choose the plan that best fits your needs and budget. The platform offers both monthly and annual subscriptions, and the cost of a subscription varies depending on the plan you choose.
Advantages of Pluralsight
If you still aren’t convinced Pluralsight is with it then it is a good idea to understand the advantages of the platform before you decided to take the plunge and purchase a plan. The advantages include
- Pluralsight offers a wide range of courses and learning materials on various subjects and technologies.
- The platform provides access to high-quality content created by industry experts and certified professionals.
- Pluralsight offers flexible learning options, including self-paced learning, video courses, and interactive quizzes.
- The platform provides personalized learning paths based on an individual’s goals and learning preferences.
- Pluralsight offers a robust and user-friendly learning management system that allows learners to track their progress and access their course materials at any time.
- The platform provides regular updates to its course catalog, ensuring that learners have access to the latest technologies and best practices.
- Pluralsight offers competitive pricing and flexible subscription plans, allowing learners to choose the option that best fits their budget and learning needs.
- The platform provides support and assistance through its customer service team, ensuring that learners can get help when they need it.
- Pluralsight offers a wide range of learning resources, including articles, blogs, and webinars, to supplement the courses and provide learners with additional information and insights.
- The platform offers a variety of assessment tools and certification exams, allowing learners to demonstrate their knowledge and skills and advance their careers.
Disadvantages of Pluralsight
No platform is perfect and Pluralsight is not an exception. In an effort to provide a clear and balanced view of Pluralsight we have also listed some disadvantages, these include
- Not all the courses are free, so not everyone can afford to access them.
- Some courses may not be relevant or useful for all learners.
- The quality of the courses may vary, so learners may not always get the best learning experience.
- There may be a limited selection of courses in certain subject areas.
- The platform may be difficult to navigate or use for some learners.
- Some learners may prefer a more interactive or hands-on learning experience, which Pluralsight may not provide.
- The platform may not offer the same level of support or assistance as other learning platforms or traditional classroom settings.
- Some learners may not be able to keep up with the pace of the courses or may not have the necessary prerequisites to fully benefit from them.
So, is Pluralsight worth it? The answer ultimately depends on your individual needs and goals. If you’re looking to improve your skills in a particular field or advance your career, Pluralsight’s extensive library of courses and flexible learning options make it a worthwhile investment. However, if you’re simply looking for general information on a topic, there may be other more cost-effective resources available.
Nathan Britten, the founder and editor of Developer Pitstop, is a self-taught software engineer with nearly five years of experience in front-end technologies. Nathan created the site to provide simple, straightforward knowledge to those interested in technology, helping them navigate the industry and better understand their day-to-day roles.